Friday, February 23, 2018
Total visitors: 196818

The implementation of the Health in the Family Program in Ermera municipality has reached 100% completion rate with communities having unprecedented access to health care assistance, consisting on domiciliary visits by teams of health professionals who then digitalise patients records onto a national e-database managed by the Ministry of Health and Prime Minister’s Office.

Implementation of the Health in the Family Program in Ermera municipality has reached 100%.

The Health Director of Ermera municipality, doctor Herculano Seixas said 100% of the population have been visited by health personnel and have been registered in the e-health system, which will make it easier for doctors to monitor and control illnesses in the community, families and individuals.
He said Ermera municipality has a total population of 127.000 population and all 29.059 families have been visited.
“One obstacle was the distance to where the communities live, they are far away from each other, but we have a mobile clinic that has allowed us to cover the whole municipality,” he said in Dili.
He said during the domiciliary visits heath personnel could identify many types of illnesses including tuberculosis, mental illness and epilepsy.
In 2016, the government implemented the Health in the Family Program across the whole territory to bring health services closer to the people so that families and individuals could know they health status and to identify those at risk of falling ill, those already ill and requiring assistance, and the general health status of communities. This will allow government services to better provide targeted health care assistance.
Meanwhile, the Health Director for Dili municipality Agustinha da Costa Seguerado said 80% of the population of Dili have been visited by health personnel teams and have been registered in the e-health system, while the remaining 20% have not been reached because they were not home when teams went to visit.
“People refuse them, sometimes they are not at home only the maids, and this is why we could not have reached the 100% mark,” she said.
She said Dili as the capital of the country has the largest amount of people and from different backgrounds including foreign residents.
She added Dili health services will continue to make efforts to visit every household and speak to each individuals across the capital.

  • Thu
    Feb
    15
    2018
    School wall at EBC School is ready
    After many years with no school wall, finally, through the effort undertaken by the parents council and Central Basic School (EBC), a school wall has been built for students and teachers, now providin...
  • Thu
    Feb
    15
    2018
    ESTV-GTL Becora just accept 210 new students
    The Technical Vocational School Becora, (formerly STM) just accept 210 new students registration for academic year 2018 due to the lack of rooms. Technical Vocational School Becora, (formerly STM) ...
  • Thu
    Feb
    15
    2018
    Patients' family thanks the Chinese soldiers
    The family and patients gave thanks to the Chinese soldiers for providing aid in Timor-Leste, through delivering free health assistance to the communities. Family and patients gave thanks to the Ch...
  • Thu
    Feb
    15
    2018
    396 teachers have received inclusive education training
    Currently, 396 teachers have received inclusive education training; from this number 70 people have their Masters in this area. Currently, 396 teachers have received inclusive education training; f...
  • Thu
    Feb
    15
    2018
    787 people with disabilities have access to formal education
    Currently 787 people with disabilities have access to formal education from Lospalos, Ainaro, Aileu and including the special administrative region of Oe-Cusse. Currently 787 people with disabiliti...

E-mail Subscription

Enter your email address:

    Poll

    Nothing found!

    Follow us on Twitter